Hello, I know it’s been a while but I’m back. I want to focus on the blog much more in 2017 and I know I’ll have more time to do so.
This time I’m here to give you a look back on my year, this is my 2016 in rewind. I’ve chosen 7 highlight from this year to sum it up. Why seven? Well, it’s just my favorite/lucky number. And this is in no particular order…
- This year, I finally got my first tattoo. It’s something I had been thinking about for years. I wanted something small and meaningful. I made this design in 2007 and it’s been on my mind ever since. Finally took the time to do it…
- This year my best friend got married and I had the privilege of being her maid of honor. It meant very much to me and I loved every second of it. We traveled to Bosnia at the beginning of the year for meetings and even though it was the journey from hell, I wouldn’t take it back. Everything we did in preparation for the big day was a success pretty much and July 23rd is always gonna be a special day.
- A childhood best friend of mine (and my sisters) turned 30 in April of this year and to celebrate, her, my sister and I took a trip to my favorite city Sarajevo. We spent four amazing days together and made sure to enjoy every second of it. I think she likes her birthday present a lot…
- October 2016 is always gonna be in-bedded in my mind, as will the three October’s before. This is the month when BHUF, an organization that I work for does their annual charity trip to Bosnia. We do different events during the year and then travel to visit orphanages and other organizations working with children and youth around the country. This year we also visited Srebrenica, and it might just have been the most emotional thing I’ve ever done in my life. The group of people who did this trip with me will always have a special place in my heart.
- This year, just like many years before has put many stamps in my passport and miles on my travels. More weekend have been spent in a hotel room than in my own bed. But I love it, I love traveling and exploring. I also like returning to places I’ve been before, Sarajevo is always a favorite and the countless trips there have all been special in their own way. Italy was a standout highlight, as well as Mostar.
- Charity work has always been a passion of mine. Whenever and however I can help someone, I’m willing too. I enjoy it! I feel very lucky to live where I do and if I can make anything easier for someone else I will. This year I did something I had never done before, I started a GoFund me page for my neighbor in Bosnia who’s battling cancer. I’m proud to say that I raised over 2000 dollars with the help of my family and friends.
- Another highlight of the year has been spending time with my family and friends. When I was younger I would float, where ever there was something happening I felt like I wanted to be there. These past few years that’s changed, especially this year. I still like to go out and party and do stuff like that and I’ve done a lot of that this year but I still feel like I haven’t done it with whoever. This year I’ve put family and people I consider my real friends first. I still need to learn how to put family and friends before work, fully, but that’s what I’m planning on doing in 2017. I guess I’m lucky that I work with people I consider friends and that’s helped a lot.
And like any other year 2016 has had its ups and downs but I still consider it an awesome year. And I’m thankful for all the valuable lessons I’ve learned…let’s hope and pray 2017 is even better!
I wanna wish You, who’s reading this, a very Happy New Year with love and hopes of all Your dreams coming true. Cheers!